Wednesday, September 11, Morning Session (Room A) 10:00-12:30
Mini-symposium 1: Neuron and Circuit Formation
－Joint Symposium with the Tenure-Track Program in Niigata University －
Chaired by Masashi Kishi (Japan) and Sayaka Sugiyama (Japan)
- 10:00 Mario Buffelli (Italy): Role of small Rho GTPases in neuronal survival and axonal regeneration
- 10:35 Masashi Kishi, Tadahiro Nagaoka, Shun Uemura, Riuko Ohashi, Ai Inutsuka, Seiko Sakai, Nobuyoshi Fujisawa, Minesuke Yokoyama, Michihiro Igarashi (Japan): Identification of S1 antigen which interacts with and enhances the internalization of N-cadherin
- 10:55 Vania K.J. Lim, Wilson W.B. Goh, Sze Siu Kwan, Limsoon Wong, Judy C.G. Sng (Singapore): Valproic acid epigenetically induces dendritic complexity and spine growth in adult mouse visual cortex
- 11:30 Sayaka Sugiyama (Japan): Homeoprotein- chondroitin sulfate interaction regulates visual cortical plasticity
- 11:50 Masahiko Watanabe (Japan): Homo- and heterosynaptic refinement of the cerebellar circuits
Wednesday, September 11, Morning Session (Room C) 10:00-12:30
Mini-symposium 2: Stereo 3D Imaging in Anatomy and Biology
Chaired by Aiji Ohtsuka (Japan)
- 10:00 Aiji Ohtsuka (Japan): Introduction
- 10:10 Keisuke Suetsugi, Yoshimasa Takeda, Aiji Ohtsuka (Japan): Multi-viewpoint and multi-layer 3-dimensional clinical atlas system
- 10:40 Yoshimasa Takeda, Keisuke Suetsugi, Aiji Ohtsuka (Japan): Use of multi-viewpoint 3D atlas in clinical education
- 11:10 Eiji Takaoki (Japan): Actioforma Medical KOS: Knowledge Organizing System with Multi-format Stereoscopic 3D/4D Viewer
- 11:40 Tatsuo Ushiki, Daisuke Koga (Japan): Stereo 3D imaging by scanning electron microscopy
- 12:10 Discussion and Demonstration
Wednesday, September 11, Afternoon Session (Room A) 15:00-17:30
Mini-symposium 3：Morphogenesis, Development and Regeneration of Orofacial Structures
Chaired by Yoshiro Takano (Japan) and Hayato Ohshima (Japan)
- 15:00 Hayato Ohshima (Japan) : Contribution of stem cell niches in the dental pulp to regeneration of dentin-pulp complex.
- 15:30 Taka Nakahara (Japan): Specific cell isolation from primary cultures
- 16:00 Keishi Otsu (Japan) :Differentiation of iPS Cells into odontogenic cells
- 16:30 Yoshiro Takano (Japan) : Dynamic patterning of ameloblast cell modulation during enamel maturation - why and how?
- 17:00 Sung-Won Cho (Korea) : A feedback loop between Shh, Sostdc1 and Wnt signaling for patterning of the teeth.
Wednesday, September 11, Afternoon Session (Room B) 15:00-17:30
Mini-symposium 4：Recent Advances in Biology of Reproduction
Organized by Guido Macchiarelli (Italy),
Chaired by Eimei Sato (Japan), Kiyotaka Toshimori (Japan) , Stefania A Nottola (Italy)
- 15:00 Introductory remarks: Guido Macchiarelli (Italy)
- 15:05 Kyotaka Toshimori (Japan): Visualization of spermatogenesis and sperm function
- 15:25 Kentaro Tanemura (Japan): Late-effects on CNS induced by early exposure of environmental chemicals at developmental period
- 15:45 Hideaki Yamashiro (Japan): Effects of chronic radiation exposure associated with the Fukushima Nuclear Plant accident on the bull testis
- 16:05 Stefania Annarita Nottola ( Italy): Ultrastructural Assessment of Quality of In-Vitro Matured Human Oocytes”
- 16:25 Eimei Sato (Japan): Initial phase of germinal vesicle breakdown and cumulus expansion in cumulus-oocyte complexes
- 16:45 Guido Macchiarelli (Italy) : Ultrastructural parameters of aging in human cumulus-oocytes complexes
- 17:05 Maria Grazia Palmerini (Italy): Mitochondrial distribution and ATP production are related to ultrastructural parameters of quality in ovine oocytes.”
- 17:25 Concluding remarks
Wednesday, September 11, Afternoon Session (Room C) 15:00-17:30
Mini-symposium 5：Cutting Edge of Scanning Electron Microscopy for Morphological Sciences.
Chaired by Alessandro Riva (Italy) and Tatsuo Ushiki (Japan)
- 15:00 Yusuke Ominami, Tatsuo Ushiki, Sukehiro Ito (Japan): Atmospheric scanning electron microscopy in biology.
- 15:25 Wataru Kotake, Sukehiro Ito (Japan): Developement of high resolution real-time stereo scanning electron microscopy. Its future and biological application.
- 15:50 Futoshi Iwata, Daisuke Koga, Tatsuo Ushiki (Japan): Manipulation of biological samples in a scanning electron microscope.
- 16:15 Sumire Inagaet al. (Japan): A novel approach by low vacuum scanning electron microscopy to the clinical pathology of human glomerular diseases using conventional renal biopsy sections.
- 16:40 Keisuke Ohta, Keiichiro Nakamura (Japan): 3D reconstruction of the cells and tissues using FIB/SEM tomography method.
- 17:05 Alessandro Riva (Italy): Effects of antipsychotic drugs on human submandibular glands in vitro. An HRSEM morphological and morphometrical study.
Thursday, September 12, Morning Session (Room A) 10:00-12:10
Mini-symposium 6：Biological Applications of Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy (SICM)
Chaired by Yuri Korchev (UK) and Sang-Joon Cho (Korea)
- 10:00 Masato Nakajima, Tatsuo Ushiki (Japan): Imaging of Cells and Tissues by Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy
- 10:30 Yasushi Takahashiet al. (Japan): Topography Imaging of Hippocampus Spine using Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy.
- 11:00 Y. Mizutani, Z. Ishikura, K. Shigetomi-Kuribayashi, M-H. Choi, S-J Cho, Takaharu Okajima (Japan): Apical cell shape fluctuations quantified by scanning ion conductance microscopy
- 11:30 Sang-Joon Cho, M-H Choi, G-E Jung (Korea): The study of cell to cell interaction using AFM and SICM
- 12:00 Discussion
Thursday, September 12, Morning Session (Room B) 10:00-12:10
Mini-symposium 7：Brain Development and Evolution
Chaired by Noboru Sato (Japan) and Hirohide Takebayashi (Japan)
- 10:00 Ken-ichi Mizutani (Japan): Significance of vascular development involved in cytoarchitecture of mammalian neocortex
- 10:30 Kunimasa Ohta (Japan): Tsukushi maintains the growth and undifferentiated properties of neuronal stem/progenitor cells
- 11:00 Woong Sun (Korea): Production of new neurons from the white matter neural stem cells following traumatic brain injury in mice
- 11:30 Yasunori Murakami (Japan): Origin and evolution of molecular mechanisms underlying the regionalization of the developing telencephalon
- 12:00 Discussion
Friday, September 13, Morning Session (Room A) 10:00-12:30
Mini-symposium 8：Autophagy-Lysosomal System: Lessons from Organelle Morphology
Chaired by Satoshi Waguri (Japan)
- 10:00 Maho Hamasaki, N. Furuta, A. Matsuda, A. Nezu, T. Haraguchi, Y. Hiraoka, A. Amano, T. Yoshimori (Japan): Autophagosomes form at ER–mitochondria contact sites.
- 10:30 Eeva-Liisa Eskelinen, Joanna Biazik, Helena Vihinen, Eija Jokitalo (Finland): High-resolution three-dimensional visualization of autophagosomes.
- 11:00 Yeguang Rong, Wangqing Du, Quan Su, Yujie Sun, Li Yu (China): Autophagic lysosomal reformation.
- 11:30 Satoshi Waguri (Japan): Autophagosome precursor structures and p62-aggregates associated with autophagy deficiency.
- 12:00 Masato Koike, Yasuo Uchiyama (Japan): Possible roles of LC3, ubiquitin, and P62 and/or Nbr1 in the accumulation of abnormal lysosomes in neurons deficient in cathepsin D.
Friday, September 13, Morning Session (Room B) 10:00-12:30
Mini-symposium 9：Advances of Prostate and Perineum anatomy - Functional MRI
Chaired by Diogo Pais and Luis Campos Pinheiro (Portugal)
- 10:00 Diogo Pais (Portugal): Opening Remarks
- 10:10 Diogo Pais, Luís Campos Pinheiro, Diogo Casal and João Goyri O’Neill (Portugal): Surgical prostate anatomy suitable to localized prostate cancer treatment
- 10:30 Diogo Casal, Diogo Pais, Frederico Ferronha, Luís Mascarenhas-Lemos, Luís Campos Pinheiro, Maria-Angélica Almeida, João Goyri O’Neill (Portugal): Reconstruction of the perineum: From the dissection room to the operating theater
- 10:50 Luis Campos Pinheiro, João Magalhães Pina, João Lopes Dias, Rui Mateus Marques and Diogo Pais (Portugal): Prostate cancer dilemma: Active surveillance and focal therapy versus radical treatment. The role of MRI defining aggressive behavior
- 11:10 Rui Mateus Marques, João Lopes Dias, João Magalhães Pina, Luis Campos Pinheiro and Diogo Pais (Portugal): Functional MRI of the prostate: diffusion, contrast-enhanced and spectroscopy.
- 11:30 João Magalhães Pina, Luis Campos Pinheiro, João Lopes Dias, Rui Mateus Marques and Diogo Pais (Portugal): Correlation of MRI and prostate biopsy. MRI before or after standard prostate biopsy
- 11:50 João Lopes Dias, Rui Mateus Marques, João Magalhães Pina, Luis Campos Pinheiro and Diogo Pais (Portugal): Future projects of prostate MRI: Identification, localization, local staging and prognosis of prostate cancer
- 12:10 Rui Mateus Marques, Luis Campos Pinheiro (Portugal): Concluding Remarks
Friday, September 13, Afternoon Session (Room A) 15:00-17:30
Mini-symposium 10：Bioimaging Making a Way through the Frontier of Cell Biology
Chaired by Yo-ichi Satoh (Japan)
- 15:00 Yoshiro Oikawa (Japan): Beyond the diffraction limit : The technology of the super resolution microscopy.
- 15:40 Dhermendra K Tiwari, Yoshiyuki Arai, Tomoki Matsuda, Takeharu Nagai (Japan): Beyond the diffraction limit with an advanced photoswitching fluorescent protein.
- 16:20 Manisha Tiwari, Shintaro Mikuni,Hideki Muto and Masataka Kinjo (Japan): Determination of dissociation constant of the transcription factor dimers using fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy in the living cell.
- 16:40 Kazuki Masu, Yoh-ichi Satoh, Tomoyuki Saino, Makoto Matsuura, Toshinari Misaki, Yasunori Tamakawa, Kana Sasaki (Japan): Functional heterogeneity of blood vessels: with special reference to Ca2+ dynamics of smooth muscles.
- 17:20 Discussion
Friday, September 13, Afternoon Session (Room B) 15:00-17:30
Mini-symposium 11：Surgical Anatomy in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - from Lab to Clinical Practice
Chaired by Diogo Pais (Portugal) and Minoru Shibata (Japan)
- 15:00 Yusuke Shimizu, Nobuaki Imanishi, Sadakazu Aiso, Kazuo Kishi (Japan): Cadaveric study of the venous architecture of the forehead to the glabellar region
- 15:30 Shun Yamazaki, Nobuaki Imanishi, Kazuo Kishi (Japan): Three-dimensional anatomy of the lymphatic system in human lower extremities.
- 16:00 Diogo Pais, Diogo Casal, Hiroki Sakurai, Maria Angélica Almeida, Tatsuo Ushiki, João Goyri O’Neill (Portugal and Japan): The medial plantar flap revisited and anatomical basis for new flaps from the hallux: anatomical considerations and clinical examples.
- 16:30 Diogo Casal, Diogo Pais, Luís Mascarenhas de Lemos, Maria Angélica Almeida, Paula Videira, João Goyri O’Neill (Portugal): Venous arterialized nerve flaps for the reconstruction of ischemic nerve defects: an experimental and cadaveric study.
- 17:00 Minoru Shibata, Hiroshi Oyamatsu, Toshiro Takano (Japan): Reverse-pedicled posterior interosseous artery flap reinforced by anterior interosseous arterial system.